Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

We lost sleep over choosing the bridal party for weeks.  Tyler and I decided it would be best to keep our bridal party small.  Having our closest family and friends standing up with us to share our special day means so much to us.  I spent a lot of time thinking of a fun and creative way to ask our bridal party if they would like to be a part of our big day and Tyler spent time typing up a thoughtful and creative text message ; )  Of course I searched for ideas on the internet - specifically Pinterest.  Then, I realized I have seen so many of the same "pinteresty" Will you be my bridesmaid? poems.  I drove to Jo Ann's, followed by Hobby Lobby and bought a variety of creative things in our wedding colors.


Then I wrote and sketched...



I googled rhyming words... what rhymes with bride?: tried, glide, slide, I'd, side... SIDE PERFECT... and I wrote the next line and googled rhyming words... what rhyms with fun?: run, done, sun, one... ONE PERFECT etc. 








...and eventually I loved the note! 















Next, I had to think of a way to deliver the note.  Tyler's mom is super talented and suggested we tackle a DIY project... 

Etching wine and beer glasses for our bridal party: 





















This project took about triple time from what we had in mind and it was a lot of work but the glasses turned out AMAZING! 

Then... I bought a few more goodies that will come in handy on our wedding day and packaged everything (with help from my mom!) in an adorable basket:












I had SO much fun giving each of my girls these baskets!  Tyler and I are so lucky to have such a fun and supportive bridal party! 


Great article we referenced on choosing the bridal party without stress

No comments:

Post a Comment